Timely Cab Service
Always arrive on time with our taxi cab service. We are committed to providing quality customer service to ensure a timely pick-up and drop-off. Since we maintain good relations with local competition, if we are unable to take you, we’ll get another cab company to do so on our behalf. Contact us when you need transportation to: local shows and attractions, sightseeing tours, restaurants, sporting events, fine dining, concerts, night clubs and local tours.
Our cab service was founded by Steven Ciccantelli in 2008. At that time, many local workers were having trouble getting a taxi service or getting to work on time. Meeting this need was the reason he started this business. Steven enjoys having fun with his customers and maintaining a friendly rapport. With superb local knowledge, Abraxi Taxi drivers can give you recommendations on places to go and things to do in St.Augustine.
Airport Shuttle Service
Abraxi Taxi operate an airport shuttle service to seven airports surrounding St.Augustine, Florida. Get to your departure gate on time and for fixed rates, so you know what you are paying in advance. Visiting St. Augustine? We can pick you up from the airport and shuttle you straight to your destination. Additional charges may apply in some circumstances. Call us for details
Saint Augustine taxi cabs
Sometimes it gets very busy.We are not really a brick mortar company as our cars generally are on the move. If phone line is busy give us some time and call back, if we still cannot get you in a timely fashion here are some other cab company options.
Our company does accept credit cards but we have a 10.00 minimum policy.
Abraxi Taxi 599 6666
Abraxi Taxi offers airport service to
all major airports.We are open 24 hours and have a flat rate
of 75.00 to both Jacksonville and Daytona Airports. We also utilize taxicab vans during the night time shifts. At this time, we do not have any handicapped accessible vehicles.
Ace/Yellow/Ancient City 824 6888 same company
This is the largest company with the most reasonable rates.
Eco Rides 827 7206 or 377 7088
Very fuel efficient and might have a van.
Green Taxi 808 9995
Again name says it all, Eco friendly but a viable option on a very busy night.
First Coast 825 9999
Great option during the day or on concert nights.
Affordable 460 4363
Another company that has vans available for large groups.
A Note about COVID-19
Our drivers are independent contractors, and we are trying to follow the CDC and OSHA guidelines. Some drivers are more relaxed, others may be a bit stricter. We encourage our passengers to follow the protocols our cabbies want you to adhere to.
The vaccination programs seem to be getting up to speed but the virus does mutate creating different and sometimes even more contagious and deadly versions of itself. We as a worldwide race need to come together as one to eradicate this scourge. Please do as our pilots ask with no argument or attitude. Let us all do our part and perhaps the world will return to normal.
On our site, we want to update you on how we are trying to do our part and offering encouragement on how you too can contribute to the war against the flu bug. If you are in a higher risk group feel free to call us so we can try to offer a higher quality service regarding corona19 precautions. Many of our drivers are older. Some with pre-existing conditions who try to be as prepared as possible.
We highly encourage masks, and some drivers prefer what we call Southern air condition. This is just driving with the windows open allowing for much better air circulation lowering the risk of being infected by this insidious beasty. Feel free to use hand sanitizer and it is healthy to be cautious. Thank you for trusting Abraxi Taxi as we try to do our part in making the world a better and safer place where we can all coexist without fear or added concerns.
Unfortunately, we must reduce our fleet as some of our older drivers have had existing conditions and have decided to wait out the pandemic. It has slowed down a bit, but we should rebound in the early spring.
The biggest change affecting our customer base is the early morning time calls. I do not know until after 6 AM if my drivers will be available and pass a temperature check and just a visible examination of their basic health. This a huge inconvenience but I do not want to be responsible for getting you late to work or even have no driver show up at all. Setting up a doctor or dentist appointment poses the same problems if no drivers are healthy enough to work.
Things are beginning to stabilize but I fear that all forms of transportation and our way of life will be upended for the next few years. We will do our part and expect our clients to do the same. With the right amount of cooperation, we will gain the upper hand on this plague and soon will strike the coup de grace and this dragon will be slain.
OSHA is committed to protecting the health and safety of America’s workers and workplaces during these unprecedented times. The agency will be issuing a series of industry-specific alerts designed to help keep workers safe. If you are in the car service industry (rideshare, taxi, and other car services), the following tips can help reduce the risk of exposure to the coronavirus:
- Encourage drivers to stay home if they are sick.
- Ensure vehicle door handles and inside surfaces are routinely cleaned and disinfected with Environmental Protection Agency-approved cleaning chemicals from List N or that have label claims against the coronavirus.
- Advise drivers to lower vehicle windows to increase airflow.
- Allow drivers to wear masks over their nose and mouth to prevent the spread of the virus and ask customers to do the same.
- Provide alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60 percent alcohol for both drivers and customers.
- Provide drivers with disposable towels and Environmental Protection Agency-approved cleaning chemicals from List N or that have label claims against the coronavirus for disinfecting surfaces.
- Provide drivers and customers with tissues and trash receptacles.
- Limit the number of passenger’s drivers can transport at a single time and install plexiglass partitions between driver and passenger compartments where possible.
- Encourage drivers to report any safety and health concerns.
COVID-19 Protocols for Users of Taxi and Ride-Sharing Services
- If you are unwell or have any COVID-19 related concerns call Health-line (311) for advice before you travel.
- If you are unwell with COVID-19 symptoms and must travel, private transport is required. If that is not possible, call Health-line (911) for guidance before travelling.
- Drivers should use hand sanitizer and offer it to passengers.
- Keep a supply of tissues and encourage passengers to use them.
Taxi and Ride-Sharing specific practices to prevent the spread of the virus. Passengers must comply with requests from the driver to implement COVID-19 protective measures.
GUIDANCE FOR PASSENGERS
- Where possible, use hand sanitizer before and after you have entered or exited a vehicle.
- When you get to your destination you should wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with water and soap, and then dry your hands thoroughly.
- Physical distancing between the driver and passengers is important, even in smaller vehicles.
- Sit in the rear passenger seats only – you must not sit in the front passenger seat next to the driver.
- Sit as far as possible from the driver. For example, if you are the sole passenger, sit in the rear left-hand side passenger seat, diagonally opposite the driver.
The maximum number of passengers must be limited to the number of passenger seats in the back of the vehicle (in most cars there are typically 3 rear passenger seats).
Who You Can Travel With:
- Apart from the driver, only people from the same isolation group (household unit or ‘bubble’) can travel in the same vehicle.
- Please comply with requests to provide contact tracing information.
- Drivers must be medically fit to drive, all staff/drivers must follow hygiene guidance and stay at home if they are sick or feel unwell.
GUIDANCE FOR DRIVERS
- Ensure you follow the general personal hygiene guidance about washing your hands.
- Carry hand sanitizer and use it regularly.
- Minimize interactions with passengers. This includes minimizing cash payments.
Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands after each interaction.
- Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands after handling a passenger’s luggage.
- Always wear face mask
Physical distancing requirements:
- No one should sit in the front passenger seat.
- You must limit the number of passengers in your vehicle to the number of seats in the rear of the vehicle (in most cars, there are 3 rear passenger seats).
- If there is only one passenger, sit them as far from you as possible (i.e., in the rear left seat).
Perform routine environmental cleaning and disinfection of vehicles.
- After every journey or when visibly dirty, wipe all surfaces that a passenger may have touched with alcohol-based wipes or disinfectant. This includes inside/outside door handles, seats, and seat belts/buckles.
- Where available, use rubber gloves when cleaning. Dispose of them and any cleaning materials safely when you have finished (tightly covered garbage bin).
ADDITIONAL PREVENTIVE MEASURES WHILE TRANSPORTING PASSENGERS:
- Remind passengers about preventive measures to reduce risk to drivers.
- Consider installing plexiglass shields as a barrier between the driver and passenger in the back seat.
- Ask passengers to sit in the back seat to maintain physical distance.
- Consider minimizing shared rides so passengers are not travelling with individuals unknown to them.
- Drivers wearing a non-medical mask. Please note, that when worn properly, a person wearing a non-medical mask or face covering can reduce the spread of their own infectious respiratory droplets to others.
- If the passenger is being transported to or from a hospital or other health care setting and/or is displaying respiratory symptoms, ensure the windows of the car are open. The passenger must wear a mask or face covering.
If you enjoyed your ride, please send us a review so we can post it here.
This is the place to call for custom travel in the St. A., J’ville, Orlando area. Reasonable prices, reliable & prompt. Our driver was a former chef and gave us some good restaurant tips as well. we’ll definitely use Abraxi-Taxi next time we go.
I’ve been riding with them since I first arrived in St Augustine, and I have to say they are the best company around! Great customer service, knowledgeable drivers, and low rates!
Took us to a concert and promised to pick up us.To our surprise he did.Nice clean car,proffessional and courtesious,yet,my wife thought he drove rather fast.
I’ve been using Abraxi Taxi ever since I moved here. Their vans are clean, the drivers are hospitable, and they definitely know their city. I definitely recommend them to anybody who’s planning on visiting St Augustine.
We always loved Steve good for him seems he has the were-withal and the moxy we wish him the best and tho we like Checker Cab we now love Abraxi.
Scooped my drunk……. up got me home.
I’ve been riding with Abraxi since I moved to St Augustine and their service is amazing! The vans are clean, the drivers are hospitable, and they’re both knowledgeable about the history of the city and the layout of the city. I definitely recommend them.
So refreshing to see a sense of humor in what must be hard economic times,I especially enjoyed his snideness while dispatching and driving,thank God he didnt Google whilst texting.Fun ride!
Dec 31, 2009
Wow so many cabs to choose from Heck we going in an Abraxi or anyone Steve recomends seems he likes eco-rides good drivers clean cars
Thank you all without your support we would not exist.
St Augustine, FL
Steve is the bomb, if he can not get to you he will send Heather form Heathers Executive Taxi they are the coolist
My battery ran out was running late but steve made sure i got to work
Best cab in town!!! thanks Steve! Kathy and Dennis
Called at 3am last night/morning dude had an 18 pack of bud and picked us up 2 packs of cigs oh and some condoms for 10 bucks plus costs this guy delivered.he said he was busy he came faster then i did. (giggle)
OMG FIRST 4 STARS CAUSE DUDE LOOKS LIKE NEIL YOUNG THEN 5 STARS CAUSE THEY ARE SO FUNNY CANT DO 6 STARS BUT WILL USE THEM AGAIN
Made our entire visit!
We recently visited St. Augustine for the first time and randomly chose a taxi company to drive us around. We were very pleasantly surprised when Abraxi Taxi turned out to be able to be as much of a tour guide as they were a safe driving experience. The driver not only knew his way around the city and the surrounding area but he was immensely helpful in providing suggestions for where (and where NOT) to eat. We ended up calling only them every time we went anywhere and highly recommend their service.
This is a great company!! They really care about their customers and make them feel as comfortable as possible. Great low rates, clean vehicles, hospitable drivers, and the drivers are knowledgeable about the city and can get you to where you want t… (More) This is a great company!! They really care about their customers and make them feel as comfortable as possible. Great low rates, clean vehicles, hospitable drivers, and the drivers are knowledgeable about the city and can get you to where you want to go. I definitely recommend them.