Always arrive on time with our taxi cab service. We are committed to providing quality customer service to ensure a timely pick-up and drop-off. Since we maintain good relations with local competition, if we are unable to take you, we’ll get another cab company to do so on our behalf. Contact us when you need transportation to: local shows and attractions, sightseeing tours, restaurants, sporting events, fine dining, concerts, night clubs and local tours.
Sometimes it gets very busy.We are not really a brick mortar company as our cars generally are on the move. If phone line is busy give us some time and call back, if we still cannot get you in a timely fashion here are some other cab company options.
Our company does accept credit cards but we have a 10.00 minimum policy.
Our drivers are independent contractors, and we are trying to follow the CDC and OSHA guidelines. Some drivers are more relaxed, others may be a bit stricter. We encourage our passengers to follow the protocols our cabbies want you to adhere to.
The vaccination programs seem to be getting up to speed but the virus does mutate creating different and sometimes even more contagious and deadly versions of itself. We as a worldwide race need to come together as one to eradicate this scourge. Please do as our pilots ask with no argument or attitude. Let us all do our part and perhaps the world will return to normal.
On our site, we want to update you on how we are trying to do our part and offering encouragement on how you too can contribute to the war against the flu bug. If you are in a higher risk group feel free to call us so we can try to offer a higher quality service regarding corona19 precautions. Many of our drivers are older. Some with pre-existing conditions who try to be as prepared as possible.
We highly encourage masks, and some drivers prefer what we call Southern air condition. This is just driving with the windows open allowing for much better air circulation lowering the risk of being infected by this insidious beasty. Feel free to use hand sanitizer and it is healthy to be cautious. Thank you for trusting Abraxi Taxi as we try to do our part in making the world a better and safer place where we can all coexist without fear or added concerns.
Unfortunately, we must reduce our fleet as some of our older drivers have had existing conditions and have decided to wait out the pandemic. It has slowed down a bit, but we should rebound in the early spring.
The biggest change affecting our customer base is the early morning time calls. I do not know until after 6 AM if my drivers will be available and pass a temperature check and just a visible examination of their basic health. This a huge inconvenience but I do not want to be responsible for getting you late to work or even have no driver show up at all. Setting up a doctor or dentist appointment poses the same problems if no drivers are healthy enough to work.
Things are beginning to stabilize but I fear that all forms of transportation and our way of life will be upended for the next few years. We will do our part and expect our clients to do the same. With the right amount of cooperation, we will gain the upper hand on this plague and soon will strike the coup de grace and this dragon will be slain.
OSHA is committed to protecting the health and safety of America’s workers and workplaces during these unprecedented times. The agency will be issuing a series of industry-specific alerts designed to help keep workers safe. If you are in the car service industry (rideshare, taxi, and other car services), the following tips can help reduce the risk of exposure to the coronavirus:
- Encourage drivers to stay home if they are sick.
- Ensure vehicle door handles and inside surfaces are routinely cleaned and disinfected with Environmental Protection Agency-approved cleaning chemicals from List N or that have label claims against the coronavirus.
- Advise drivers to lower vehicle windows to increase airflow.
- Allow drivers to wear masks over their nose and mouth to prevent the spread of the virus and ask customers to do the same.
- Provide alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60 percent alcohol for both drivers and customers.
- Provide drivers with disposable towels and Environmental Protection Agency-approved cleaning chemicals from List N or that have label claims against the coronavirus for disinfecting surfaces.
- Provide drivers and customers with tissues and trash receptacles.
- Limit the number of passenger’s drivers can transport at a single time and install plexiglass partitions between driver and passenger compartments where possible.
- Encourage drivers to report any safety and health concerns.
Our cab service was founded by Steven Ciccantelli in 2008. At that time, many local workers were having trouble getting a taxi service or getting to work on time. Meeting this need was the reason he started this business. Steven enjoys having fun with his customers and maintaining a friendly rapport. With superb local knowledge, Abraxi Taxi drivers can give you recommendations on places to go and things to do in St.Augustine.
- If you are unwell or have any COVID-19 related concerns call Health-line (311) for advice before you travel.
- If you are unwell with COVID-19 symptoms and must travel, private transport is required. If that is not possible, call Health-line (911) for guidance before travelling.
- Drivers should use hand sanitizer and offer it to passengers.
- Keep a supply of tissues and encourage passengers to use them.
Taxi and Ride-Sharing specific practices to prevent the spread of the virus. Passengers must comply with requests from the driver to implement COVID-19 protective measures.
GUIDANCE FOR PASSENGERS
- Where possible, use hand sanitizer before and after you have entered or exited a vehicle.
- When you get to your destination you should wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with water and soap, and then dry your hands thoroughly.
- Physical distancing between the driver and passengers is important, even in smaller vehicles.
- Sit in the rear passenger seats only – you must not sit in the front passenger seat next to the driver.
- Sit as far as possible from the driver. For example, if you are the sole passenger, sit in the rear left-hand side passenger seat, diagonally opposite the driver.
The maximum number of passengers must be limited to the number of passenger seats in the back of the vehicle (in most cars there are typically 3 rear passenger seats).
Who You Can Travel With:
- Apart from the driver, only people from the same isolation group (household unit or ‘bubble’) can travel in the same vehicle.
- Please comply with requests to provide contact tracing information.
- Drivers must be medically fit to drive, all staff/drivers must follow hygiene guidance and stay at home if they are sick or feel unwell.
GUIDANCE FOR DRIVERS
- Ensure you follow the general personal hygiene guidance about washing your hands.
- Carry hand sanitizer and use it regularly.
- Minimize interactions with passengers. This includes minimizing cash payments.
Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands after each interaction.
- Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands after handling a passenger’s luggage.
- Always wear face mask
Physical distancing requirements:
- No one should sit in the front passenger seat.
- You must limit the number of passengers in your vehicle to the number of seats in the rear of the vehicle (in most cars, there are 3 rear passenger seats).
- If there is only one passenger, sit them as far from you as possible (i.e., in the rear left seat).
Perform routine environmental cleaning and disinfection of vehicles.
- After every journey or when visibly dirty, wipe all surfaces that a passenger may have touched with alcohol-based wipes or disinfectant. This includes inside/outside door handles, seats, and seat belts/buckles.
- Where available, use rubber gloves when cleaning. Dispose of them and any cleaning materials safely when you have finished (tightly covered garbage bin).
ADDITIONAL PREVENTIVE MEASURES WHILE TRANSPORTING PASSENGERS:
- Remind passengers about preventive measures to reduce risk to drivers.
- Consider installing plexiglass shields as a barrier between the driver and passenger in the back seat.
- Ask passengers to sit in the back seat to maintain physical distance.
- Consider minimizing shared rides so passengers are not travelling with individuals unknown to them.
- Drivers wearing a non-medical mask. Please note, that when worn properly, a person wearing a non-medical mask or face covering can reduce the spread of their own infectious respiratory droplets to others.
- If the passenger is being transported to or from a hospital or other health care setting and/or is displaying respiratory symptoms, ensure the windows of the car are open. The passenger must wear a mask or face covering.
This is a great company!! They really care about their customers and make them feel as comfortable as possible. Great low rates, clean vehicles, hospitable drivers, and the drivers are knowledgeable about the city and can get you to where you want t… (More) This is a great company!! They really care about their customers and make them feel as comfortable as possible. Great low rates, clean vehicles, hospitable drivers, and the drivers are knowledgeable about the city and can get you to where you want to go. I definitely recommend them.
Made our entire visit!
We recently visited St. Augustine for the first time and randomly chose a taxi company to drive us around. We were very pleasantly surprised when Abraxi Taxi turned out to be able to be as much of a tour guide as they were a safe driving experience. The driver not only knew his way around the city and the surrounding area but he was immensely helpful in providing suggestions for where (and where NOT) to eat. We ended up calling only them every time we went anywhere and highly recommend their service.
OMG FIRST 4 STARS CAUSE DUDE LOOKS LIKE NEIL YOUNG THEN 5 STARS CAUSE THEY ARE SO FUNNY CANT DO 6 STARS BUT WILL USE THEM AGAIN
Called at 3am last night/morning dude had an 18 pack of bud and picked us up 2 packs of cigs oh and some condoms for 10 bucks plus costs this guy delivered.he said he was busy he came faster then i did. (giggle)
Best cab in town!!! thanks Steve! Kathy and Dennis
My battery ran out was running late but steve made sure i got to work
St Augustine, FL
Steve is the bomb, if he can not get to you he will send Heather form Heathers Executive Taxi they are the coolist
Thank you all without your support we would not exist.
Wow so many cabs to choose from Heck we going in an Abraxi or anyone Steve recomends seems he likes eco-rides good drivers clean cars
So refreshing to see a sense of humor in what must be hard economic times,I especially enjoyed his snideness while dispatching and driving,thank God he didnt Google whilst texting.Fun ride!
Dec 31, 2009
I’ve been riding with Abraxi since I moved to St Augustine and their service is amazing! The vans are clean, the drivers are hospitable, and they’re both knowledgeable about the history of the city and the layout of the city. I definitely recommend them.
Scooped my drunk……. up got me home.
We always loved Steve good for him seems he has the were-withal and the moxy we wish him the best and tho we like Checker Cab we now love Abraxi.
I’ve been using Abraxi Taxi ever since I moved here. Their vans are clean, the drivers are hospitable, and they definitely know their city. I definitely recommend them to anybody who’s planning on visiting St Augustine.
Took us to a concert and promised to pick up us.To our surprise he did.Nice clean car,proffessional and courtesious,yet,my wife thought he drove rather fast.
I’ve been riding with them since I first arrived in St Augustine, and I have to say they are the best company around! Great customer service, knowledgeable drivers, and low rates!
This is the place to call for custom travel in the St. A., J’ville, Orlando area. Reasonable prices, reliable & prompt. Our driver was a former chef and gave us some good restaurant tips as well. we’ll definitely use Abraxi-Taxi next time we go.
Abraxi Taxi Video
Untold St. Augustine History
Abraxi taxi has been servicing Saint Augustine area for going on 10 years, now. We are a small, privately owned, full-service cab company. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year round. We can get you to local restaurants and bars, tour departure locations, or one of the many airports here in the northeast part of Florida.
Abraxi Taxi is fully compliant with all of the regulations put forth by the City of Saint Augustine. This includes proper business and hack licensing, commercial taxi insurance, and the official city medallion. Our cars are inspected by the city garage, where a certified master mechanic performs checks and inspection of all the essentials related to engine and safety, as well as brakes and tires, windows and seat belts. We think we have the nicest, newest and safest livery. And into our well-kept vehicles we place the most knowledgeable professional drivers in town. Our cars even smell nice! That’s because we keep them clean and also enforce a non-smoking policy.
We do not use taxi meters. Rather, we base your fare on a zone or flat rate basis. This usually benefits the customer, since no matter what, the price quoted will always be the price you pay. Traffic in the historic portion of the Ancient City can be brutal. The Bridge of Lions goes up many times each day, and often it seems to go up at the most inopportune times. No matter, the flat rate that we’ve quoted you will be what you pay. This can really favor the passenger when using our airport shuttles.
We charge just 75.00 from Downtown Saint Augustine to the Jacksonville and Daytona airport. Other airports – those further away from the city center – cost more. The brunt of our airport transportation is to Jacksonville International (“JAX”), which is about 50 miles from Saint Augustine – close to the Georgia border. Driving to JAX can take as little as an hour and 15 minutes, but it can also take longer if there is traffic, an accident, or construction on one of the highways. We can pick up at the Daytona airport and for a few extra bucks bring you to the beautiful Castillo Real on Saint Augustine beach.
Keep in mind that Frontier airlines also has seasonal nonstop flights from Chicago and Philadelphia to Northeast Florida Regional Airport NFRA here in Saint Augustine. There are many car rental businesses here but if you need or just prefer to go with a cab, call Abraxi Taxi. We are properly licensed to pick up passengers at the gates.
We will provide our shuttle anywhere in Saint John’s county but our base fare of 75.00 is from the downtown area. When you book with us it is your private cab, so you won’t need to be sharing with strangers. A bit of privacy can sometimes be a good thing!
Abraxi taxi accepts cash and all major credit cards. A few of our drivers can also accept Pay Pal. If you feel the driver did a great job, then tipping is also an option. And all of our drivers can process credit cards using their smart phones.
As an added bonus our cars are all late model. And because our drivers all live in Saint Augustine they not only know how to get to places the fastest way, but they will make sure you are getting your drinks and dinner at a reputable establishment.
In fact, Abraxi taxi drivers are like having your local Trip Advisor. Saint Augustine has SO much history to share! After all, we are the oldest city in country. Back in the 1500s Ponce De Leon came here looking for the Fountain of Youth and named us “La Florida.” That fountain is still here, and well worth a visit.
If you are staying for a few days or more we highly recommend that you check out the Red or Green train/trolley tours to see the many sites we have to offer. Ghosts abound for the paranormal fanatic. The Alligator Farm is worthwhile and has zip lines for the young at heart. So take a sip of that water from Ponce’s quest and have a blast. The old jail – especially on one of the special Gravestone Ghost Tours – is really spooky. They put you in the hoosegow, then throw away the key. Some other haunted venues include the lighthouse and Spanish Military Museum located on Aviles street – the oldest street in America. We recently celebrated our 450th birthday. And with all those years come a treasure trove of museums. Try the Lighter or Villa Zorayda — plenty to do when the weather does not cooperate.
Your visit here will not be complete until you visit our fort, The Castillo de san marcos, the oldest masonry fort in the continental US. This ancient fort is constructed with coquina. Coquina is a type of sedimentary rock composed of shells of mollusks, making it able to absorb the force of cannonballs. Because of this the fort was never breached.
If you like adventure you may want to book a spot on the pirate ship Black Raven for some mock battles and “arrgghhhh-rated” fun. And then there’s the pirate museum, owned by Pat Croce of Philadelphia 76ers fame.
Other outings to fill your days: take a trip to one of our beautiful beaches – Vilano or Saint Augustine. Many great restaurants and bars to choose from. For waterfront dining try Caps on the water or the Conch house. We can also highly recommend the Reef restaurant – especially for Sunday brunch. Take a walk on the pier, or charter a deep sea fishing trip. Saint Augustine has many venues that are popular for bachelor and bachelorette parties, with a wide range of beautifully appointed and reasonably priced ocean front houses for rent.
If you are staying in Crescent Beach you may want to try out Marineland, a place that is both fun and educational. Here you can swim with the dolphins. The original Flipper TV show was filmed here, and this was also the location of some fascinating experiments conducted during the second world war. The University of Florida now runs Marineland and is just an hour away from St. Augustine, in Gainesville.
Recently opened is the Saint Augustine Aquarium snorkel adventure, where the truly adventure-loving can swim with sharks and explore for underwater treasure, all the while snorkeling with an abundance of beautiful fish. Does it get any more exciting?
Years ago some great explorers came here looking for treasure, and there is still much treasure to be found in Saint John’s County.
Are you a golfer? Then you know that the 5th and richest golf tournament is held in May at the Sawgrass Marriot resort in Ponte Vedra. Here you can tee off on the world famous 17th. And if the Sawgrass fees are a little too steep for your budget, try the Squire or King and Bear – two other top notch courses located in World Golf Village. They are about a 20-minute drive from downtown Saint Augustine. The World Golf Hall of Fame and Bill Murray’s Caddy Shack restaurant are also located in the Village.
If you’re a fan of music and live performance you may want to check out the Ponte Vedra Beach concert hall – just a short drive North. And of course there is our very own Saint Augustine Amphitheater, a gorgeous outdoor musical treasure here on the island. Just a few of the up and coming shows that will kick off in 2017: Foreigner, Kansas, and Willy Nelson. The season ends in November, so check out the Amphitheater’s website for early tickets and special events.
For business meetings there’s the Renaissance Hotel and Conference Center – superb location place for those special company meetings. It is a bit of a drive from Saint Augustine but the Renaissance Marriott offers golf packages and limited free shuttle service to the outlet malls and downtown Saint Augustine.
Taxicabs rates here are among the lowest in the country, so there is no reason to drink and drive. Keep your car parked and call a cab. You can get your car later or we can even bring the car to your house. If you know you might have one glass of wine too many at Michael’s Tasting Room, just call us! We’re more than happy to serve as your designated driver.
As a full service 24-hour cab service we also offer a range of auxiliary services. Like delivery! Maybe you ran out of cigarettes or milk or eggs. We are happy to pick it up any purchase and bring it to you. Some drivers carry battery cables and can come out and give you a jump. We also can provide car transport, bring your vehicle to any location. Our fees will vary depending on distance. So no matter the issue if we can provide our services in any way just ask. Need your student picked up from Flagler College and brought to the Jacksonville Airport? Feel free to call and we will process the credit card via phone and ensure the safe transport your son or daughter.
Abraxi also specializes in late night airport transportation when the other taxi services are fast asleep.
Saint Augustine is a big wedding town and we have taxicab vans for large groups. Plan on Abraxi Taxi to handle all your needs, from the airport to the wedding to the reception to the hotel, and back to the airport. Call ahead to make a reservation or visit our website for complete rates and reviews.
Regardless of where you choose to go, remember that even though you are in Florida (The Sunshine State!), the weather can be fickle. So on a rainy day you can visit the San Sebastian Winery. They offer tours, wine tasting, including some of Florida’s finest. A short walk away is Whetstones Chocolate Factory, where you can sample everyone’s favorite confection. And then just around the corner is our Distillery and the Ice Plant. Tours are conducted and you can even purchase a rare bottle of their Florida bourbon. In the adjoining building you can enjoy a wide selection of craft cocktails and appetizers. Feel free to dine with gusto and then call Abraxi Taxi for your ride back to the Casa Monica.
At Abraxi Taxi we are honored with the tasks of transporting the guests that visit us here in the Ancient city and appreciate it that you are supporting small businesses like us that are the core of our country’s free enterprise – its lifeblood. So when you come and visit, drop a dime and call us for timely and prompt service. And always remember:
Abraxi Taxi gets you where you need to Go!
How to order a cab the old-fashioned way.
Unfortunately to use a traditional taxi company you will need to call us at 904 599 6666.You can visit our web site at www.abraxitaxi.com or www.abraxitaxi.org for some useful information if you would like. When calling the dispatcher please be fast and brief. We need to know where you are at, where you are going and the number of people that require transporting. We are a zone rate company so do not hesitate to ask the price. If you do not think that it is fair, or another company might be cheaper: please do not argue and call the company you prefer. Our pricing remains the same always. We do not generally raise our pricing during surge times. You will pay the same price you forked over on your way to downtown Saint Augustine, as you will on the way back home to Crescent Beach for example.
We need your location if it is a business: the name of the business should be fine if a house a physical address is required. If you have a large group, we would rather send you a van as to make your trip more comfortable. The destination is helpful, so we can provide service to more customers in a timely fashion.
Sometimes the dispatchers are very busy and need to get as much information from you in a small amount of time, we are not trying to be rude but more efficient. We prefer that you call us from your personal phone so if anything, chaotic happens we can alert you to the situation or be able to find you at peak times like last call when the clubs close. Also, when you are far away our drivers may give a shout out to make sure this is a serious enquiry and not a prank. Sometimes we will need to be prepaid before picking up in certain areas in Saint John’s County Florida. We no longer can pick up passengers at Jacksonville International Airport but can drop customers off. If you call us we will be happy to give you some other options for getting from this airport to Saint Augustine Florida. There are several Jacksonville taxis available immediately outside the terminal exit.
If you choose to prebook or set up a specific time for a taxi to arrive, please be ready at that time. We generally like a heads up for airport transportation and many locals prefer calling us the night before for their cab ride to work the next day. We are a no-nonsense, no smoking, fair and honest taxi cab company. We will treat you with courtesy and respect and expect you to reciprocate this to your professional driver. Once you become a regular rider and have some patience when busy; you will always get an Abraxi Taxi.
To be honest we do strive to be the best but unfortunately there are so many things out of our control, traffic is certainly one and the Bridge of Lions is another. On rare occasions cars can have flats or other mechanical issues. Point being; allow yourself plenty of time especially if going to work, and when you are ready to go home give us a call and we will dispatch a cab for your return trip.
We do accept credit cards. There is a 10.00 minimum processing fee. If you would rather stop at an ATM we are fine with that. We do charge 1.00 per stop and .50 a minute wait time. Sometimes it may save you some money to keep a 20.00 bill in your wallet. This will get you a long way or even back and forth to work with change to spare. We encourage tipping!
Abraxi Taxi prefer that you call us from your personal cell phone and you remain at your location. People who move we call Easter Eggs and no driver likes to hunt for fares walking along dark roads or hiding in the bushes. Find a well-lit, safe spot and we will do our best to find you. AND at times will even call to let you know we are ready to transport. So please answer your phone! However; it is your responsibility to be ready for the cab we assigned you…
We offer the latest in technology, efficiency, and safety to help our drivers move people straightforwardly and make money. It is extremely important to understand that as our driver, you are our brand ambassador, the one who can guarantee every customer walks away with a smile and keeps coming back. This handbook establishes an effective, accountable and transparent framework for managing drivers at Abraxi Taxi. It will help you understand what we expect of you as our taxi driver as we envisageto be the best Taxi Company this country has to offer. Abraxi Taxi Companyis also fully compliant with all the regulations put forth by the City of Saint Augustine—including proper business and hack licensing, commercial taxi insurance, and the official city medallion. Therefore, to be our team member:
• You must validate your state driver’s license.
• You must follow all the regulations set by the City of Saint Augustine and the State of Florida, as well as the policies of Abraxi Taxi Service.
• You must be committed to delivering great service and customer relations to all our clients.
• You must operate our vehicles in a safe and defensive manner making sure that all customers are offereda stress-free riding experience.
• You must have excellent driving skills as well as confidenceand adequacy on the road.
• You must not be afraid of giving back feedback and making suggestions that you feel may make our company better.
We believe that when you succeed, we succeed, when you are happy, we are happy, and when you are great, the company is great. We are glad that you have brought your skills to Abraxi Taxi and we want you to be the most successful team member you can be. Let’s work and achieve greatness.
Abraxi Taxi Dispatch Guidelines
1. You MUST have a good phone, preferably a smartphone or tablet running iOS or Android system. The smartphone should also have an efficient running service; we recommend Verizon or ATT. A good phone or tablet will be very helpful when you need to use travel apps or Google Maps. Keep your phone charged, and with you always while working.
2. When you accept a dispatched call, you MUST be committed to it, no exceptions. Failure to complete this quest will have severe consequences—you may be suspended, make full payment, and/or get terminated.
3. You MUST keep your statements to the dispatcher brief and direct to the point. For instance, if you have a pickup from the beach headed downtown, tell the dispatcher something like this— “clear on thebeach; headed downtown.” And when you get downtown, call in and say, “clear.”
4. If the customer has any changes to their travel itinerary, you MUST alert the dispatcher immediately. Sometimes it is cheaper to charge the passenger by the hour. Our minimum credit card fare is $10.
5. When you receive a call to pick a client to the airport, you MUST be there 10 minutes early.
6. Our shifts are set tostart at 5 or 6 AM and end at 5 0r 6 PM (12 hours), six days a week preferably. Arrangements can occasionally be made for extra time off. However, will need 24-hour lead time to make such arrangements.
7. You MUST always use our price sheet and never overcharge the client. If you don’t have a copy of the price list, you can access it on our website. We use flat rates so finding the quickest route to your destination will help both you and the customer.
8. Abraxi Taxi accepts credit cards, so you MUST open a bank account and sign up with Square or Intuit. PayPal is another viable option. Provide our business cards to the client whenever they ask and let them know you are available whenever they need you for their trip back.
9. 30 minutes before your shift ends, you MUSTvacuum, clean, and gas the vehicle and leave a full-tank of gas. If you lose the vehicle’s key, you replace the key.You must also pay the daily shift lease. Remember, you will be held accountable for any tickets.
10. You MUST check all fluids and body condition of the vehicle before taking any vehicle. Most of our vehicles are shared by daytime and nighttime shift drivers. Therefore, do not take a vehicle if you notice any exterior damage or safety issues. If you notice such issues, alert a dispatcher, manager, or owner immediately.
11. We provide a maintenance checklist deposit envelope which you MUST FILL out fully at the end of your shift. If you notice any dents or dings, notify the dispatcher, and have them enter this in the daily log. This is for your protection. Not everyone is as honest as yourself. Please complete this checklist fully every time you finish your shift.
Abraxi Taxi Service Breakdown Guidelines
1. You MUST notify the dispatcher immediately using proper procedures.
2. You must answer all the questions put to you by the dispatcher and record the time of the breakdown in the daily log.
3. If a breakdown happens when the passenger is on board, you MUST notify the dispatcher to arrange for a transfer to a second vehicle.
4. If a tow vehicle has been requested, you MUST remain with the vehicle until the tow company arrives at the scene. If the vehicle is repaired on site, you must also notify the dispatcher and record the time you resume service.
5. If you are able to restart the vehicle without requiring repair services, you MUST call in and notify the dispatcher who will then CANCEL the tow services. If you fail to do so, you will incur the charges of the tow company.
6. If the vehicle is indeed towed back to Abraxi Taxi facilities, you MUST accompany the vehicle, tiding in the tow vehicle. Then you must complete the necessary procedures at our facilities to obtain another taxi and resume work.
7. You MUST also notify the dispatcher of any change in status, i.e., the breakdown time and time-back in service, which will be recordedaccordingly.
Abraxi Taxi Service Accident Guidelines
2. You MUST then write down the plate number of all the vehicles involved and notify the dispatcher, the owner, or call the number provided to you in the glove compartment.
3. You MUST answer all the questions presented to you by the dispatcher as calmly and as simply as possible and then follow all the instructions laid to you by the dispatcher and cooperate fully.
4. If the vehicle is still operable, you MUST proceed to the nearest police station to make a statement. Take some pictures if you can, but police reports are extremely crucial. Many times, the authorities will be on scene.
5. You MUST report any accident, no matter how minor, and whether any damage has been incurred or not. No exceptions will be tolerated!
6. If you cannot drive the vehicle, you MUST remain at the scene of the accident until the dispatcher sends a tow company. You must also notify the police while you are at the scene.
7. You MUST secure the details of the other driver(s) including the owner of the vehicle; the name of the driver; the driver’s license and social security numbers; the name of their insurance company; and the names and contacts of the passengers in the other vehicle(s). Try to secure the names and contacts of any bystander who witnessed the accident. You should also provide your details if required.
8. After obtaining the police report and other necessary details, you MUST report back to the Abraxi Taxi facilities to obtain and complete our accident report. Here, you must submit your driver’s license to the dispatcher and wait to see the claims.
9. If any vehicle damage occurs because of a direct cause of your actions, you MUST reimburse the company a deductible fee of $1000.
10. Note, you MUST know and understand that all decisions made by the Abraxi Taxi claims department are final.
Abraxi Taxi Driver’s Behavior and Professionalism
1. Always be on time and if anything is holding you up, notify the client immediately.
2. Always abide by the seat belt laws.
3. Drive carefully by keeping the adequate speed limits and traffic regulations.
4. Stay calm as you drive through heavy traffic or dealing with impolite customers.
5. Be friendly to the clients, ask them their music preferences and even help them load and unload the luggage.
6. Lead the conversation with the clients professionally, respecting their distance.
7. Clarify the route details to the client, and ask them if they have a favorite route.
8. No disruptive behavior, including flirting or inappropriate actions or language. Behaviors such as sexual harassment can never be tolerated in this company.
9. Never drive while holding your phone or texting. Always obey traffic rule.
10. Never hint at receiving tips from the clients.
11. Keep safe any belongings left behind by the clients and take them back to our facilities.
12. Do not allow customers to eat in the cars. However, be polite when letting them know.
13. Always dress presentably and maintain a high level of personal hygiene.
14. Don’t allow your significant others into the vehicle. No extra riders should be allowed in the vehicle. You should never overload.
15. Always answer your calls, from clients and management alike. Never assume the management knows what you are up to. Rely on calls, not text messages.
16. NEVER attend any shift while drunk. This will lead to immediate termination. Abraxi Taxi is a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
Frequently Asked Questions
|Driver FAQs||What to Do|
|What if the customer is not there to accept the ride?||Wait five minutes and then call the client. Wait for another ten minutes and call again if he/she is still not there. If he/she still doesn’t show up, notify the dispatcher.|
|What to do in case of a breakdown?||Call the dispatcher and follow the instructions given.|
|What to do in the event of an accident?||Call the dispatcher or owner and follow the instructions given. Take important details of the other vehicle(s).|
|What to do if you had to incur parking charges?||Pay parking charges from your pocket but inform the dispatcher about it after the trip. Provide the receipt.|
|What to do if you do not know the client’s directions?||Try to use google maps or ask your co-workers for tips.|
|What if a regular client calls and you are not on shift?||Try to cover with a shift partner and have them call thedispatcher.|
|How do I make more money?||Hang out where people are; this would be stores, plazas, and hotels, in the day, and hotels and nightclubs at night. We are particularly famous at the statue of Ponce De Leon and the Bridge of Lions. Befriend clients to get regulars. Drive during peak hours.|