Abraxi Taxi 904 599 6666
Abraxi Taxi offers airport service to all major airports. We are open 24 hours and have a flat rate of 85.00 to both Jacksonville and Daytona Airports. We also utilize taxicab vans during the night time shifts. We can provide taxicab vans for large groups and wedding parties. Our taxis can be rented out for 50.00/hour for sightseeing trips, your personal black car or limousine service, casinos or gentlemen clubs. We do accept credit cards but have a 10.00 minimum.
Ace/Yellow/Ancient City 824 6888 same company
This is the largest company with the most reasonable rates. They also say that they are handicap accessible and do have vans available. Since they are my competitor you will need to call them for pricing and any other information you need. I believe they are also bike friendly.
Green Taxi 808 9995
Again name says it all, Eco friendly but a viable option on a very busy night. They are your go during the early morning to get you to your medical appointments on time. I do see an occasional van and their drivers are very professional.
Marks Taxi they handle my phones during the day and two beautiful vans. He will also provide airport shuttle services. transportation to football games, taxi service to golf outings or the World Golf Hall of Fame. And he is your choice for cabbing it the The Player Championship, at Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Florida. We work closely with company and admire their clean taxi vans and professionalism.
Affordable 460 4363
Another company that has vans available for large groups. Great option during the day or on concert nights. Gary the owner has been out here many years and does speak Spanish for those feel more comfortable with their native tongue. Great option during the day or on concert nights.
Here are some phone applications we as taxi drivers find useful at times. However if you are aware that your flight is delayed or cancelled it always best to call us.
There are several types of phone apps that a taxi driver may find useful, from navigation and communication tools to ride-hailing apps and those for managing finances. Here are a few suggestions:
- Navigation Apps: Google Maps or Waze can provide real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, helping taxi drivers to find the quickest routes.
- Rideshare Apps: Depending on where you’re working, apps like Uber, Lyft, Ola, or Grab might be necessary to connect with customers. These can provide an additional source of income beyond traditional taxi fares.
- Communication Apps: WhatsApp or other messaging apps can be used to communicate with customers or dispatchers.
- Traffic Update Apps: Apps like INRIX Traffic or TomTom GO can provide real-time traffic updates, road conditions, and alerts, helping taxi drivers avoid congestion and delays.
- Finance/Expense Tracker Apps: It can be important for drivers to keep track of their income, expenses, and mileage for tax purposes. Apps like QuickBooks, Mint, or Expensify can be useful for this.
- Emergency/Safety Apps: Apps like Noonlight or other personal safety apps can provide an additional level of security for drivers, especially when working late at night or in unfamiliar areas.
- Weather Apps: Weather updates are important for taxi drivers to plan their routes better and to avoid bad weather conditions. Apps like The Weather Channel or AccuWeather can help.
- Language Translation Apps: If you often have customers who speak different languages, translation apps like Google Translate can be helpful.
- Parking Apps: In crowded cities, finding parking can be a challenge. Apps like SpotHero or ParkMobile can help find and reserve parking spots.
- Gas Price Comparison Apps: Apps like GasBuddy can help find the nearest and cheapest gas station.
- Roadside Assistance Apps: Apps like AAA Mobile can be beneficial in case of vehicle breakdowns.
Remember, the appropriate apps can differ based on a driver’s specific needs and the region in which they work.
a taxi driver might also find it useful to have access to certain airline flight tracking apps, social media platforms, and entertainment apps for downtime. Here are some suggestions:
- Airline Flight Tracking Apps: FlightAware Flight Tracker or Flightradar24 can provide real-time flight status updates and can be particularly useful for drivers who often pick up or drop off at airports.
- Social Media Apps: Social media apps like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram can help drivers stay connected with friends, family, and the world at large. They can also be useful for keeping an eye on local events and traffic updates.
- Gaming Apps: During downtime, gaming apps can provide entertainment. The most popular choices will depend on individual preferences, but some commonly downloaded games include Candy Crush Saga, Clash of Clans, Pokémon GO, and Among Us.
- Multimedia Apps: Spotify or Apple Music for music, Audible or Kindle for audiobooks, and Netflix or Hulu for watching movies or TV shows during breaks. For podcasts, drivers might consider apps like Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or Spotify.
- News Apps: To keep up with the latest news, apps like BBC News, CNN, or The New York Times could be beneficial.
- Health and Wellness Apps: Driving for long hours can take a toll on one’s health. Apps like Headspace for mindfulness, MyFitnessPal for nutrition, or 7 Minute Workout for quick exercises can be quite useful.
Remember, the selection of apps will depend on the driver’s interests, needs, and the smartphone’s capabilities. Also, it’s important to ensure that these apps are used responsibly while driving to ensure safety.